Steel staircase is a traffic route having stairs or ramps. Structure of the steel staircase is an integral part of all types of buildings, excluding one-storey buildings.
In the construction industry a distinction is made between:
- exterior steel staircases
- interior steel staircases
ADVANTAGES OF STEEL STAIRCASES
- steel staircase is the easiest way to overcome the levels in the building
- the use of a steel staircase eliminates the risk of failure as in the case of an elevator
- interestingly designed staircase is an attractive architectural element in the construction industry
- the use of the system staircase accelerates the installation process and readiness of the object
- steel staircase provides a cheaper realisation and subsequent operation compared to standard concrete solutions
TLC uses various types of materials related to step fillings and steel structures. In most cases, we use S235 and S355 steel, stainless steel or aluminium. Thanks to cooperation with proven and global suppliers of steel, we always guarantee the highest quality of the supplied structure. Own powder paint shopguarantees the quality and durability of the paint coating made. In the TLC group’s projects there are used double T-bars, channels, hollow sections, flat bars, sheets, trapezoidal sheets, cellular beams, rods, round tubes, square tubes, etc.
TLC Group uses a range of proven and innovative solutions ranging from standard stair steps filled the most frequently with welded grating, proprietary and innovative railings (children-safe railings and industrial railings), as well as appropriate structural connections developed by the design department. The company TLC makes every effort to ensure that presented solutions are safe and durable, and at the same time characterised by superior quality and attractive price. TLC’s proven solutions have been appreciated by customers from all over the world for years.
CONSTRUCTION STANDARDS OF STAIRCASES
Steel staircases produced by TLC group are made in accordance with Polish and global standards. In Poland, applicable is the Regulation of the Minister of Infrastructure on technical conditions to be met by buildings and their location, for industrial access stairs applicable is the standard PN ISO-14122 – Safety of machinery – Permanent means of access to machinery – Part 1-4. Reliability and safety of the structure of staircases – is one of the main design criteria.
- PN-EN_1990_2004: Basics of structural design
- PN-EN-1991-1-2 (2006) – Effects on structures. Effects on structures exposed to fire
- PN-EN-1993-1-2 (2007) – Design of steel structures. Calculation of the structure due to fire conditions
- PN-EN 1992 Eurokod 2: Design of concrete structures.
- EOTA – 11/0014 – Sika Unitherm Platinum
- ECCS N89 – Euro nomogram – Fire Resistance of steel structures
- Access Steel – Guidelines for the design of steel structures
Basic requirements for structural reliability were formulated by the Minister of Infrastructure on technical conditions to be met by buildings and their location. According to these, structures and structural components should be designed to:
- resist to actions that may occur during construction and operation
- behave properly in normal conditions of operation
- maintain structural integrity in the event of an accident such as fire, explosion, or local damage.
These requirements should be met within an expected period of operation of the structure, thus steel staircases should be designed and maintained in an environment in which they operate so that they met the following conditions:
- staircases have an appropriate fire resistance, i.e. a decrease in the material strength characteristics, e.g. due to a high temperature, should not result in changes in technical or operational parameters of the structure, inter alia loss of carrying capacity
- production of staircases generates low consumption of materials, energy, and a low labour intensity
- staircases minimize the consequences of failures from the point of view of human life and health, such as earthquakes, fires, weather conditions
DESIGN AND INSTALLATION OF STAIRCASES
We implement individual projects of stairs. The construction and design department prepares a 3D design, sends visualisation of the offer to the customer’s approval. Next strength calculations are performed and the product eventually goes to the production line. The TLC team’s ambition is always to meet the highest requirements of its customers.
Assembly of the structure of stairs, steel staircases is carried out with bolt or profile connections to walls, or there is prepared a self-supporting structure supported mostly by square columns. Design team minimises the use of connections with external brackets, buildings and supports. Steps are usually mounted using anchors. Fillings of platforms are fitted with special spacing connections.